Middle School Rallies
Saturday 10-28-2017 - Sunday 10-29-2017
Registration for this event is now closed. Contact us directly if you have any questions.
What is a Diocesan Middle School Rally?
The Middle School Youth Rally is a one-day diocesan gathering of middle school youth (grades 6-8). This event is intended to be a high-energy day filled with great talks from a keynote speaker, fun activities and games, and a chance to meet other youth from nearby parishes. The rally will be offered in two locations.
Who should attend the Diocesan Middle School Rally?
The Middle School Youth Rally is open to all youth who are in grades 6-8 during the 2017-18 academic year.
Where and when is the Middle School Youth Rally?
The Middle School Youth Rally will be held in two locations:
Saturday, October 28, 2017 | Charlottesville
Charlottesville Catholic School
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, October 29, 2017 | Virginia Beach
Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
What is the agenda of the day?
Both days will follow the same schedule:
|10:00am||Registration, Inflatables, Games|
Who is the keynote speaker?
Michael Gormley, known as “Gomer,” is married with 4 kids under the age of 7. He is a graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville and has worked as a Youth Minister in several parishes in Texas. In addition to parish ministry, he also works as a lay evangelist who has traveled all over the country and even to Shanghai, China, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Church to teens, college students, young adults and parents. His goal is to connect with people of all ages using humor, knowledge and the grace of the Holy Spirit in order to evangelize and catechize those belonging to the new evangelization.
What is the registration fee?
The cost is $50 per youth or adult participant.
- Early Bird Registration – $40 (entered online on or before October 13, 2017 by 11:59 pm)
- Regular Registration – $50 (entered online on or after October 13, 2017)
- Anyone registered AFTER Oct 16, 2017 may not receive a T-Shirt or giveaway items depending on supply. There will be no discount offered if a t-shirt or giveaway items are not available.
- Online registration will close at midnight on Sunday, October 22, 2017.
What does this registration fee cover?
The participant registration fee covers the following:
- Admission to the Middle School Rally
- Give Away item featuring the theme logo
- T-Shirt featuring the theme logo
What are the requirements for adult chaperones?
For this event, 1 adult is required for every 6 youth who are participating in the Middle School Youth Rally. Each adult chaperone must be in compliance with the Diocesan Safe Environment Policies, which includes completing the following:
- Screening One Volunteer Form (every 5 years)
- VIRTUS training (once)
Please note that parish/Diocesan employees and Catholic school employees have additional screening that must be completed.
How do I register and what are the registration deadlines?
All youth must register through their parish youth coordinator OR Catholic school coordinator. The registration process includes three steps:
- Registration Form: Print out and distribute the release form for YOUTH and ADULTS.
- DO NOT SEND THESE TO THE OFFICE FOR EVANGELIZATION. The adult leader should hold on to the registration forms and carry them for the duration of the retreat so that they have the release form, medical information, and emergency contact information on hand for each of their parish participants.
- Register Participants via the Online Registration System:
- All registrations must be entered online by October 13, 2017, at 11:59 pm to receive the early-bird rate.
- Any registrations entered after October 16, 2017, may not receive their t-shirts or give away item. Online registration will close on October 20, 2017.
- Payment: Checks should be made to the Catholic Diocese of Richmond and sent t0:
- Catholic Diocese of Richmond; Office for Evangelization; Attention: Middle School Rally; 7800 Carousel Lane; Richmond, VA 23294
- Be sure to include your parish/school name along with a list of participant the payment is for.
- Any registration fees not collected will be invoiced after the event.
PLEASE NOTE: Cancellations received on or after October 16, 2017, are non-refundable, regardless of reason for cancellation.
Will marketing and promotional materials be available for my parish?
Yes! A promotional video is available above. No additional materials will be provided.
Where do I go for questions or additional support?
For all questions or support, contact the Office for Evangelization directly via email OR via phone at 804-622-5159.