Saturday 11-02-2019 - Saturday 03-14-2020
What is a Diocesan Confirmation Retreat?
To assist parishes with Confirmation retreats for 2019-2020, the Diocese has partnered with NET ministries to offer a one-day retreat opportunity of which parishes can take advantage. These retreats can be used as the complete parish retreat OR as a make-up retreat.
Registration Coming Soon!
Who should attend the Diocesan Confirmation Retreats?
The Diocesan Confirmation Retreat is for high school youth who are currently in preparation to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the winter/spring of 2020.
Where and when are the Diocesan Confirmation Retreats?
We will offer four Confirmation retreats during the 2019-2020 school year. All retreats will be led by a NET Retreat Team. The retreats begin at 9:00 am.
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Roanoke Catholic School, Roanoke
Friday, October 25, 2019
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Saint Mary Catholic Church, Richmond
Friday, November 1, 2019
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Saint Mary Catholic Church, Richmond
Friday, February 28, 2020
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Church of the Resurrection, Portsmouth
Friday, March 6, 2020
What is the agenda of the day?
Each retreat will include talks, ice breakers, small group discussion, lunch, prayer, and the Vigil Mass at the parish.
- Registration will begin at 8:30 am.
- The retreat will start promptly at 9:00 am and end at the close of the Vigil Mass. Any participants who arrive late or leave early will not be considered complete for the retreat.
- In addition to the retreat, the day will include lunch, snacks, and the Vigil Mass at the parish.
What is the registration fee?
The registration fee per participant is listed below:
PLEASE NOTE: Cancellations are non-refundable, regardless of reason for cancellation. All cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com. No cancellations can be taken over the phone.
What does this registration fee cover?
The participant registration fee covers the following:
- Admission to the retreat
Do adults need to attend with their youth?
Adult leaders are not required to attend because we have ample chaperone coverage. However, if any adults would like to attend, they are welcome to do so. The cost is $10 per adult. All adults attending need to be registered online. Any adults who attend are required to be in compliance with diocesan safe environment policies (including background checks and VIRTUS training).
How do I register and what are the registration deadlines?
1. Registration Form: Print out and distribute the registration form from http://www.evangelizerichmond.org. A copy should be maintained by the youth coordinator in case of emergency. DO NOT SEND THESE TO THE OFFICE FOR EVANGELIZATION.
2. Register Participants via the Online Registration System: Registration will open by October 1, 2019. Please note that space is limited for each retreat. (These retreats can fill up, so register earlier rather than later!) All registrations must be entered online by the following deadlines, based on retreat date.
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 at Roanoke Catholic School, Roanoke
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 25, 2019
- Saturday, November 9, 2019 at Saint Mary Catholic Church, Richmond
Registration Deadline: Friday, November 1, 2019
- Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Saint Mary Catholic Church, Richmond
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2020
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 at Church of the Resurrection, Portsmouth
Registration Deadline: Friday, March 6, 2020
3. Send payments to the Office for Evangelization: All payments should be sent as soon as the participant is registered. When sending in your payment, be sure to include your parish/school name and the list of participants for whom the payment applies. Any unpaid registration fees will be invoiced to the parish.
Where do I go for questions or additional support?
For all questions or support, contact the Office for Evangelization directly via email OR call us at 804-622-5159.