Middle School Rallies
Saturday 10-19-2019 - Sunday 10-20-2019
Registration Coming Soon!
What is a Diocesan Middle School Rally?
The Middle School Youth Rally is a one-day diocesan gathering of middle school youth (grades 6-8). This event is intended to be a high-energy day filled with great talks from a keynote speaker, fun activities and games, and a chance to meet other youth from nearby parishes. The rally will be offered in two locations.
Who should attend the Diocesan Middle School Rally?
The Middle School Youth Rally is open to all youth who are in grades 6-8 during the 2019-20 academic year.
Where and when is the Middle School Youth Rally?
The Middle School Youth Rally will be held in two locations:
▪ Saturday, October 19, 2019: Charlottesville Catholic School, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
▪ Sunday, October 20, 2019: St. Pius X Catholic School, Norfolk, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
What is the agenda of the day?
Both days will follow the same schedule:
|10:00am||Registration, Inflatables, Games|
|4:00pm||Sunday Mass (Vigil Mass on Saturday)|
Who is the keynote speaker?
Katie Hartfiel is our keynote speaker for the 2019 Rally. She received her theology degree from Franciscan University of Steubenville and spent the following seven years serving as a youth minister in Houston. She now feels blessed to spend her days with her husband, Mark, and their four children, while still getting to travel to speak about Jesus.
What is a High School Team Leader?
High School Team Leaders bring energy to the rally as they help the staff to coordinate activities for the middle school youth. All High School Team Leaders will be assigned to roles as needed during the rally, including tasks that are interactive as well as behind the scenes tasks. All 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students are eligible to apply, and youth ministers are encouraged to pinpoint teens who might be interested.
What is the registration fee?
The registration fee for youth or adult participants are as follows:
▪ Early Bird Registration: $40 (entered online on or before October 2, 2019)
▪ Regular Registration: $50 (entered online after October 2, 2019)
▪ Anyone registered AFTER October 9, 2019, may not receive a T-Shirt or giveaway items depending on supply. There will be no discount offered if a t-shirt or
What does this registration fee cover?
The participant registration fee covers the following:
- Admission to the Middle School Rally
- Give Away item
What are the requirements for adult chaperones?
For this event, 1 adult is required for every 6 youth who are participating in the Middle School Youth Rally. Each adult chaperone must be in compliance with the Diocesan Safe Environment Policies, which includes completing the following:
- Screening One Volunteer Form (every 5 years)
- VIRTUS training (once)
Online registration for all adult chaperones will close on October 14, 2019. Registrations will not be processed on-site. Please note that parish/Diocesan employees and Catholic school employees have additional screening that must be completed.
How do I register and what are the registration deadlines?
All youth must register through their parish youth coordinator OR Catholic school coordinator. The registration process includes three steps:
1. Registration Form: Print out and distribute the release form from evangelizerichmond.org. DO NOT SEND THESE TO THE OFFICE FOR EVANGELIZATION. The adult leader should hold on to the registration forms and carry them for the duration of the retreat so that they have the release form, medical information, and emergency contact information on hand for each of their parish participants.
2. Register Participants via the Online Registration System: All registrations must be entered online by October 2, 2019, at 11:59 pm to receive the early-bird rate. Any registrations entered after October 9, 2019, may not receive their t-shirts or give away item. Online registration will close on October 14, 2019.
3. Payment: Checks should be made to the Catholic Diocese of Richmond and sent to the Catholic Diocese of Richmond; Office for Evangelization; Attention: Middle School Rally; 7800 Carousel Lane; Richmond, VA 23294. Be sure to include your parish/school name along with a list of participants the payment is for. Any registration fees not collected will be invoiced after the event.
PLEASE NOTE: Cancellations received on or after October 2, 2019, are non-refundable, regardless of reason for cancellation.
Where do I go for questions or additional support?
For all questions or support, contact the Office for Evangelization directly via email OR via phone at 804-622-5159.