Thursday 11-21-2019 - Saturday 11-23-2019
What is the National Catholic Youth Conference?
The National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministers (NFCYM) hosts a youth conference every two years in a location which varies from year to year and attracts over 20,000 Catholic teenagers from around the country. The NCYC is an exciting three-day experience for Catholic teenagers and those who minister with them. The conference will be an opportunity to excite young people about their faith, social action, prayer, and learning. If you have never attended, you will find that it is well worth the time and energy that it takes to ensure the participation of young people from your parish/school. The NCYC will be educational, prayerful, safe, and interesting for all involved.
Registration Coming Soon!
What sort of activities/events are available at the National Catholic Youth Conference?
You can expect to find many opportunities to challenge and deepen the faith life of your teenagers at the NCYC including:
- Nationally Recognized Speakers offering keynotes and concurrent sessions covering many topics for Catholic youth and adults
- Powerful Prayer and liturgy experiences by and for young people
- Christian Musicians, bands and concerts each day and evening
- Interactive Park – a festival village where you can get creative, play fun group games, listen to live bands and comedians, eat, buy cool Catholic stuff you won’t find anywhere else, surf the internet, eat some more, learn more about Catholic colleges and service opportunities, and hang out with 20,000+ of your closest friends.
Who should attend the National Catholic Youth Conference?
The Conference is open to all youth who are 9th graders through 12th graders during the 2019 – 2020 academic year.
Where and when is the National Catholic Youth Conference?
The National Catholic Youth Conference will be held on Thursday, November 21 through Saturday, November 23, 2019 in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium.
The Diocese of Richmond has been allocated hotel accommodations at the Home2Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel (115 North Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204). The hotel is located approximately 0.5 miles, or a 10 minute walk, from the Convention Center. While we are not directly next to the Convention Center, the distance is still walkable and we will not be using any transportation to get to/from the hotel.
What is the theme?
The theme for the 2019 NCYC is “Blessed-Broken-Given.”
What is the registration fee?
Due to an increase in lodging and registration costs, the overall costs have increased slightly from 2017. For purposes of the NCYC, the Diocese of Richmond is considered an “affiliated diocese” with NFCYM and will be paying the associated rate. The registration fee per participant is listed below:
|Youth Participants:||$575 (up to 6 participants per room)|
$650 (3 adult participants per room)
$800 (2 adult participants per room)
$1,100 (1 adult participant per room)
|Diocesan Meal Plan (optional):||$25 per participant|
What does this registration fee cover?
The participant registration fee covers the following:
- Transportation to/from the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) airport and the Embassy Suites Hotel
- Lodging for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Continental Breakfast on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Late Night Snacks (i.e. pizza) in the Evenings with the Diocese
- Diocesan NCYC T-Shirt or Sweatshirt Hoodie
The optional meal plan includes:
- Box lunch with drink for Friday and Saturday delivered to the Convention Center at lunch time
- Buffet Dinner near the Convention Center for Friday and Saturday evenings
What is the lodging situation?
Each participant will be assigned to a suite at the Home2Suites Indianapolis Downtown. Each suite has 2 rooms (a bedroom and a living area) with a single bathroom. Up to six youth participants will be assigned to a suite and up to three adult participants will be assigned to a suite. The Office for Evangelization will combine parishes with odd numbers to maximize the room allocations.
In addition, the Diocese has reserved a meeting room that will be used for evening gatherings as well as a main meeting point for adult chaperones.
All participants are required to stay at the Home2Suites Indianapolis Downtown due to NCYC regulations. There is a significant additional charge per participant if you opt not to stay at the hotel.
How do I get to Indianapolis?
Participants can opt to travel to Indianapolis via bus, car, or air transportation. Use websites such as www.kayak.com to assist with finding the lowest cost travel based on your origination city. You will be flying to Indianapolis International Airport (IND).
In order to be of assistance to all of our parishes, the Office for Evangelization has negotiated a contract with a local transportation company in Indianapolis to provide transportation to/from Indianapolis International Airport to the Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel once you arrive. Costs for this service are included in your registration fee and the details will be discussed as we get closer to the event. There is no difference in the registration fee is you opt to use your own transportation or drive to Indianapolis rather than fly.
When booking your flight accommodations, plan to arrive between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm in Indianapolis on Thursday, November 21, 2019 (the doors for the evening program open at 6:30 pm). The NCYC ends at 10:30 pm Saturday, November 23, 2019 – so plan to leave from Indianapolis to return to Virginia on Sunday, November 24, 2019 in the morning.
How do I register and what are the registration deadlines?
See the last page of this document and the Office for Evangelization website (www.evangelizerichmond.org) for registration requirements, deadlines, and required payments. You will be required to turn in some paper forms as well as complete an online registration process.
Will there by caps on registrations this year?
There are NO caps for registration. We ask that you provide at least 1 adult for every 8 youth attendees. If you cannot cover the adult requirement, you are able to partner with other parishes.
Will marketing and promotional materials be available for my parish?
Yes! NFCYM has provided an excellent website with a variety of promotional materials. You can locate these materials at http://www.ncyc.info/promo. The Diocese will not be providing any additional materials.
Where do I go for questions or additional support?
For all questions or support, contact the Office for Evangelization directly via email at email@example.com OR 804-622-5159.
National Catholic Youth Conference 2019 Registration and Payment Information
(NOTE: there are NO exceptions to these deadlines)
Tuesday, September 26, 2019
- Online Registration. Each youth minister must enter the names and registration information of all youth and adult participants by September 26, 2019 to not incur a late penalty. The NCYC Registration Information Collection Form can be used to collect the necessary information for the online registration system. These forms are not required and should not be sent to the Office for Evangelization. Login information for the online registration system will be sent once your NCYC 2019 Forecast Form is completed.
- NFCYM/NCYC General Release, Covenant not to Sue, Liability Waiver, and Permission Agreement Form. These forms must be mailed to the Office for Evangelization at 7800 Carousel Lane; Richmond, VA 23294. These forms must be postmarked by September 26, 2019 to not be considered late and incur additional fees. Any forms not postmarked by this date will incur a late fee (NO EXCEPTIONS). Please note: These forms DO NOT need to be notarized.
After September 26, 2019
Contact the Office for Evangelization to make any changes to your registrations. For each participant, the following fees will be charged:
On or before October 20, 2019: all registration fees refunded except $100
After October 20, 2019: Full registration fee due / no refunds offered, regardless of reason for cancellation
LocationIndiana Convention Center
100 South Capital St.