Diocesan Confirmation Retreats
Saturday 12-12-2020 - Saturday 02-20-2021
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Click Here to Register!
Who should attend the Virtual Diocesan Confirmation Retreats?
The Virtual Diocesan Confirmation Retreat is for high school youth who are currently in preparation to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the winter/spring of 2021. These retreats can be used as a makeup retreat or as a complete parish retreat.
This retreat is designed to be fully virtual: games, activities, and breakout groups will happen in real-time, with youth participating on their own individual devices. This is not a hybrid retreat and is not designed to be held in-person at the parish.
Where and when are the Virtual Diocesan Confirmation Retreats?
We will offer three Virtual Diocesan Confirmation retreats during the 2020 – 2021 school year. All retreats will be hosted by Diocesan staff and will take place over Zoom. The retreats begin at 10:00 am and will conclude by 3:00 pm.
Saturday, December 12, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Saturday, January 23, 2021
Friday, January 15, 2021
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Friday, February 12, 2021
What is the registration fee?
The registration fee per participant is listed below:
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- There are no substitutions for these retreats
Do adults need to attend with their youth?
Yes, adult leaders do need to attend with their youth! Parishes are required to have one adult attend for every eight youth they send in order to lead virtual small groups. There is no cost for adults to attend, however. all adults must be registered online. Any adult who attends is required to be in compliance with Diocesan safe environment policies (including background checks and VIRTUS training).
How do I register and what are the registration deadlines?
All youth and adults must register through their parish youth minister. The registration process includes three steps:
- Registration Form: Print out and distribute the registration form from www.evangelizerichmond.org. A copy should be maintained by the youth minister. DO NOT SEND THESE TO THE OFFICE FOR EVANGELIZATION.
- Register Participants via the Online Registration System: Registration will open by November 1, 2020. Please note that space is limited for each retreat. (These retreats can fill up, so register earlier rather than later!) All registrations must be entered online by the following deadlines, based on retreat date.
- Saturday, December 12, 2020
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 4, 2020
- Saturday, January 23, 2021
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 15, 2021
- Saturday, February 20, 2021
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2021
- Saturday, December 12, 2020
- Payment: You can pay via credit card through the online registration system or send a check to the Office for Evangelization after registering. When sending in your payment, be sure to include your parish/school name and the list of participants for whom the payment applies. Any unpaid registration fees will be invoiced to the parish following the retreat.
Where do I go for questions or additional support?
For all questions or support, contact the Office for Evangelization directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR via phone at 804-622-5159.